Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Crafting
I decided to try making curtains for our apartment. Sean is extremely picky and wanted just white, I wanted something bold and fun, so the above curtain was our compromise. I think they turned out well for my first attempt at curtains.
I'm currently working on a quilt! I don't have very must time to work on it so I have very little done. But I'm excited about it. The above fabrics are for the front of the quilt.
For MONTHS I have been wanting a headboard. I found some I loved but they were way over our budget, the ones that were in our budget weren't what I was looking for. So I decided to upholster a headboard. Because we have a king size bed I decided to do it in 2 pieces so it would be easier to work with and easier to move. This was my spring break project that I did at home while visiting my parents. I figured I could use a little extra help. And my dad has a saw so he was able to cut the wood backing for me.
I used a white faux leather that I ordered online from Mood Fabrics. Sean was very hesitant when I told him I wanted to make a headboard. He always roll's his eye's at me when I want to start a project. But he was pleasantly surprised at how well this one turned out. Plus it's comfortable to lean against!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment